It's damned near impossible to locate a Father's Day card that doesn't somehow incorporate neckties or power tools (is that really the only thing that greeting card companies can think of when they think "dad"?) but your options for Father's Day meals in Palm Beach County restaurants are a tad more interesting.
Not as brunch-heavy as Mother's Day -- though that is an option at some locales -- Father's Day selections in Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, and elsewhere in Palm Beach County are primarily meat-centric, booze-ridden affairs. After the jump, find ways to help dad celebrate his special day in Palm Beach County.
- III Forks, 4645 PGA Boulevard, Palm Beach Gardens. Call 561-630-3660.
The Father's Day special of note is a USDA prime bone in rib eye for $29.95. Reservations are strongly recommended.
- Backyard Bar, 213 S. Rosemary Ave., West Palm Beach. Call 561-339-2444.
A Father's Day brunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The cost is $28.95 which includes a mimosa or bloody mary. Kids 12 years and younger can eat for $15.95 and those ages five years and younger eat at no cost. Reservations are recommended.
- Bimini Twist, 8480 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach. Call 561-784-2660.
The seafood restaurant will celebrate Father's Day with reservations starting at 4 p.m.
- Cuthill's Backyard, 411 NE 5th St. Boynton Beach. Call 561-740-0399.
The restaurant will serve brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. From 2 to 11 p.m. you can get a plate of "farm fresh" barbecued ribs and two Florida craft beers for $16.99. The bar/restaurant will be open 10 a.m. to midnight. There will be live music throughout the day.
- Morton's The Steakhouse, 5050 Town Center Circle, Boca Raton. Call 561-392-7724. Also at 777 S. Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach. Call 561-835-9664.
All locations of this high-end steakhouse chain will offer a three-course prix fixe menu for $69 per person. Reservations highly recommended.
Follow Clean Plate Charlie on Facebook and on Twitter: @CleanPlateBPB.