For many who grew up in South Florida, your first major concert for someone who's really famous, like your mom knows who they are famous, was at the place now known as the Cruzan Amphitheatre. This West Palm Beach staple has announced a strong lineup of big name acts this summer and a few other notable changes.
Before we give you the list of upcoming shows, let's talk about the other stuff. They will now be selling four dollar 12 oz. domestic beers. You read that right. Four dollar beers at Green Room, eh, but at Cruzan, this is a feat. The food truck craze hit the venue as well. Street meat is a must at any outdoor show these days. They're upgrading their food stations too, even bringing in "classically trained chef" Dave Rashty, according to the press release. This dude'll be making things like alligator chili and fried green tomatoes, Southern favorites.
Live Nation will provide photographers who will take concert pics with you in them, free prizes like tickets to shows you can win at one of those wheels of chance. There'll be VIP upgrades, ticket deals, a concert calendar, and an iPhone app. Whew.
Here are the summer concerts you'll be attending:
- July 17 311 and Slightly Stoopid with Aggrolites
- July 18 Barenaked Ladies with Blues Traveler, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, and Cracker
- July 20 and 21 Dave Matthews Band with Tower Of Power
- July 27 Kiss and Motley Crue, the Tour
- July 28 Vans Warped Tour
- July 29 Sugarland with special guests Lauren Alaina and Canaan Smith
- Aug 11 Jason Aldean with Luke Bryan and Rachel Farley
- Aug 15 Jason Mraz with Christina Perri
- Aug 24 Big Time Summer Tour with Big Time Rush and Cody Simpson
- Sept 15 Toby Keith with special guests Brantley Gilbert and Rachel Farley
- Sept 29 Brad Paisley with special guests the Band Perry and Scotty McCreery
- Oct 13 Journey with Pat Benatar and Loverboy
- Oct 27 Rascal Flatts, Little Big Town, Eli Young Band, and Edens Edge
Visit livenation.com for more information.