Heading up north to watch the ball drop in Times Square is a time-honored New Year's Eve tradition, but there's really no better place to be on the last night of the year than South Florida. Ringing in the new year down here means celebrating in warm weather as you take in views of fireworks from the balconies of oceanfront restaurants.
It's an opportunity to savor decadent meals in luxurious settings, and local restaurants are livening up their dinner menus in preparation for the midnight toast. Whether you are interested in sharing a family-style meal, splurging on a multi-course, chef-centric menu, or indulging in a festive à la carte menu, we have the perfect line-up of dining destinations for you.
Here are South Florida's top New Year's Eve dining menus. Make sure to call ahead to make reservations, as these locations will be in high demand.
1. B Ocean Resort. Put on your dancing shoes and party into 2019 at this iconic Fort Lauderdale hotel's masquerade ball with a special dinner menu. Guests can choose from packages including an open bar, a midnight toast, and a buffet offering the likes of American paddle caviar, ahi tuna medallions with togarashi and lotus pickles, a Kobe tartar station, Maine lobster flambé with sambuca buerre blanc, crusted Guerande sea salt, wagyu ribeye, and a Viennese table of sweets. Cost of packages ranges from $120 to $225 per person. There's also unlimited Moet & Chandon Champagne for guests who pay an additional $50. 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. Monday, Dec. 31 at 1140 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1000; bhotelsandresorts.com.
2. Burlock Coast. Soak up the warm ocean breeze as you ring in the new year with two choices of tasting menus inside the Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale. Burlock Coast hosts a special four-course meal with open bar on New Year’s Eve beginning at 5:30 p.m., which is priced at $199 per person and includes offerings of crab shooter, swank farm tomato juice and pickled peppers, a wahoo crudo with green apple, fennel, citrus vinaigrette and sorrel, seared black cod with cauliflower puree, roasted winter vegetables and salsa verde, and New York strip steak with cheese grits, shaved truffle, and a wild mushroom vinaigrette. For
3. Council Oak Steaks & Seafood. Kick off 2019 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino with live entertainment and a special prix-fixe menu. The four-course meal features avocado king crab with cucumber sauce, basil and aioli, foie gras parfait with pomegranate jelly, pickled mustard seed and toasted brioche, sun-dried tomato gnocchi with heirloom tomato pomodoro and parmesan region, and a 16 oz. dry-aged rib eye with garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli rabe, and red wine demi. An à la carte menu will be offered from 5 to 6:45 p.m. in the main dining room and all night in the bar and lounge. Reservations are required. Cost of the prix-fixe menu is $180 per guest. 7 to 11 p.m Monday, December 31 at 1 Seminole Way, Fort Lauderdale; 954-327-7501; seminolehardrockhollywood.com.
4. Crazy Uncle Mike's. Boca Raton's new brewery and restaurant will feature its signature brews to pair with its regular menu and specials featuring ingredients that are said to usher in good luck in the coming year, including lobster, shrimp and corn empanadas with a black garlic aioli, soba noodles, lobster, mushroom and sesame ginger broth, harissa spiced salmon, roasted fennel and pomegranate verjus. Live music will be provided by bluesy local band J.M. and the Sweets. 6450 N. Federal Hwy., Boca Raton; 561-931-2889; crazyunclemikes.com.
5. Diplomat Prime. The Diplomat Beach resort's swanky,
6. Etaru. This Japanese eatery will offer plenty of wine and champagne along with a specialty New Year’s Eve chefs’ tasting menu, which includes a glass of champagne on arrival followed by five courses. The meal features black
7. Monkitail. Not to be outdone by its fine dining neighbor at the Diplomat Resort Hollywood, celebrity chef and restaurateur Michael Schulson’s
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
8. Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar. Say
9. Terra Mare. Head to this sophisticated, oceanfront Fort Lauderdale eatery for a lavish seven-course New Year's Eve menu of savory land and sea dishes. Highlights include oysters and caviar to start, black truffle polenta, lobster gnudi, NY strip oscar, and black forest mousse. The evening will end with a champagne toast and unobstructed views of the fireworks on Fort Lauderdale Beach. Cost is $150 per person. 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 31 at 551 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-414-5160; terramarefl.com.