New year, new you. 2019 is officially here, and you're likely working on some new year's resolutions for yourself. People tend to be tough on themselves at this time of year, hoping that by the time the next champagne toast rolls around, they'll be a new and improved version of themselves.
While maintaining discipline is the only way to make sure you're working on your resolutions past March, self-care is of the utmost importance. And after the stress that comes with the end of the year, taking time to relax is crucial. To ease the transition between the holidays and the new year, South Florida spas are adding a twist to their traditional treatments by incorporating holiday-inspired ingredients including pumpkin, peppermint, mocha, and cranberry to heighten the feelings of relaxation.
If you're looking to reinvigorate after all the holiday partying, the pampering treatments below will help you ease right into 2019. Make sure to inquire about tax and gratuity when making your reservations, as these are not included in the listed pricing.
1. aLaya Spa. Feel warm all over with aLaya spa's 120-minute Toasted Marshmallow Renewal Ritual, a trio of services beginning with a full-body bourbon and brown sugar exfoliation followed by a decadent Marshmallow Shea Butter Wrap. Then, there's a 50-minute signature massage featuring exquisite Madagascar vanilla and soothing sunflower oil to reveal a glowing new you ($220). The Spiced Pumpkin Mudslide is an invigorating 80-minute full-body exfoliation featuring a honey sugar scrub accompanied by a rich pumpkin mud wrap; a combination that eliminates impurities while infusing the skin with essential vitamins. That's followed by a Vichy shower water massage to soothe tired muscles and fully rejuvenate the body ($150). Through January 31st at 250 Racquet Club Rd., Weston; 954-389-3300; bonaventureresortandspa.com.
2. Diplomat Spa. Escape to this luxury oceanfront sanctuary for a 50-minute pumpkin spice pedicure combining clove and cinnamon to relieve inflammation and pumpkin as an exfoliate. Ingredients are polished away with natural oils ($85). Soothe the skin and boost collagen production with a pumpkin enzyme facial ($175) or unwind with the All Spice Body Scrub as you experience the energizing scents of nutmeg, clove, pumpkin, and ginger. Through January 31 at 3555 S Ocean Dr., Hollywood; 954-602-6000; diplomatresort.com.
3. Heavenly Spa. This Fort Lauderdale spa is kicking off the new year with special offerings including a nourishing body massage to replenish dry, parched skin affected by the winter or too many days in the sun. The 50-minute treatment includes dry body brushing to exfoliate and a massage with the exotic scents of geranium, ylang-ylang and vanilla, followed by a moisturizing butter ($129). There's also the 50-minute Out With the Old, In With the New! facial, featuring exfoliating bamboo charcoal as a detoxifying mask to balance the complexion ($129 including extractions and a massage). 321 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale; 954-245-3040; westinfortlauderdalebeachspa.com.
Ritz-Carlton Fort Lauderdale
4. Ritz-Carlton Fort Lauderdale. The Ritz is kicking things up a notch this winter with a Spa Splendor list of treatments including a cozy 50-minute milk and honey hydrating wrap, which is gently massaged into the skin followed by raw cane sugar and exotic drift nut oil scrub to exfoliate. Next, a warm and moisturizing honey masque is applied using warm stones. Then, enjoy a relaxing scalp massage while you are cocooned in your cozy wrap ($149). Also consider the 50-minute Heavenly Honey Mani, a warm Fijian honey and coconut milk hand soak followed by a raw cane sugar and exotic drift nut oil exfoliation. A honey masque is applied to lock in hydration ($45). Through January 30 at 1 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd.; Fort Lauderdale; 954-465-2300; ritzcarlton.com.
5. Sispa at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa. Happy spa-liday specials at this boutique hotel include the Mulled Cider Body Hot Toddy, a body treatment with a deliciously alluring blend of spices brimming with the rich aromas of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. It begins with a gentle, creamy sugar scrub filled with skin-nourishing spices and shea butter to polish the skin, followed by a detoxifying clay mask infused with mulled spices to rejuvenate the skin and promote a calming and relaxed state. Then, a whipped body butter filled with unrefined shea butter and hydrating oils is massaged in to leave a deliciously decadent scent of mulled cider. The 50-minute body treatment costs $99, and the 80-minute version with an additional relaxing 25-minute massage is priced at $150. Guests also have access to swimming pools, a relaxation area, the outdoor oasis, and a fitness center. Available until January 31 at 1200 N. Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach; 954-944-9528; marriott.com.
6. Spa Q. Approach 2019 in luxurious fashion at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort with a 30-minute Peppermint Mocha Body Scrub, a blend of peppermint, mocha, ground coffee, cocoa, and coconut and peppermint oil ($70). Take some time to enjoy the sauna, steam room, spa terrace and swimming pool as well. Through the month of January at 505 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-414-2617; www3.hilton.com.