Floridians like to complain every once in a while -- like the 45,536 complaints sent by consumers sent to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services over the past year.
The agency today released a top-ten list of the most consumer complaints that came into their office during Florida's fiscal 2010-11.
Not surprisingly, the two most-complained-about problems were related to telemarketing:
- Do Not Call -- 12,345 complaints
- Telemarketing -- 10,416 complaints
- Credit/Banking -- 2,289 complaints
- Communications -- 2,267 complaints
- Motor Vehicle Repair -- 1,913 complaints
- Travel/Vacation Plans -- 1,682 complaints
- Real Estate Broker/Salesperson -- 1,532 complaints
- Landlord/Tenant -- 1,332 complaints
- Motor Vehicle Sales/Accessories -- 1,311 complaints
- Medical -- 854 complaints
The department says it closed or resolved just under 60 percent of those complaints and received 21 percent more complaints than it did the previous year.