Well, it's worth a try anyway. Here's what's going on in Broward and Palm Beach counties:
- The American Civil Liberties Union has filed suit against the state for its failure to provide Floridian family with a quality education -- a point for which the Palm Beach County School District drop-out rates will help to illustrate. [Palm Beach Post]
- A love triangle soap opera in the Pembroke Pines Police Department, where Capt. Dan Rakofsky allegedly sent nude photos of a woman he had an affair with while she was still married to an officer under Rakofsky's supervision. That officer complained and says Rakofsky then engineered his firing. [Sun-Sentinel]
- The Broward County Public Defender's Office is troubled by the number of suicides that have occurred at the jail -- seven in the last 15 months. Are inmates not being properly evaluated for mental illness? [Sun-Sentinel]
- A special report by Angela Rozier of WPBF about Thomas Panno, a particularly aggressive sex offender who terrorized West Palm Beach in the early Eighties and who's now released after 16 years in prison and seven years in treatment. He now lives in Sarasota. [WPBF]
- In what appears to be the sickest joke in recent memory, two charred dolls were apparently tossed into the Deerfield Beach yard where burn 15-year-old burn victim Michael Brewer's family lives. [Miami Herald]
- In better-late-than-never news, Broward State Attorney Michael Satz's office has filed corruption charges against disgraced former Vice Mayor Josephus Eggelletion, who's already facing federal charges. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Scott Rothstein bought the woman he claimed to be his money manager a home in Weston. (We almost made it!) [WPLG]
And since we're on that ubiquitous subject anyway, make sure you stay tuned to this blog's big sister, Daily Pulp, where I suspect Bob Norman's been saving some prime Rothstein material for your weekend reading enjoyment.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Also, a commenter on his latest post says that Norman will be appearing on Barry Epstein's radio program around 10:25 this morning. That's 1230 AM, which you can stream here on WZBT.com.