Delray Beach burger hotspot and 2012 New Times Best Palm Beach County Restaurant winner the Office is bringing New Belgium Brewing Company to the Ave. for what the restaurant calls a 'brew-
Instead of the usual Office fare, which ranges from the gruyere- and bacon-topped Prime CEO burger to the 21-day, dry-aged cowboy steak, chef Kelley Randall will prepare to showcase his culinary aplomb with a five-course tasting menu featuring items influenced and paired with the Colorado-based brewery for a cost of $40 per person, plus tax and gratuity.
The beer lineup for the evening will range from New Belgium’s flagship Fat Tire amber ale, to a dessert course paired with New Belgium's Pumpkick Spiced Seasonal Ale, a seasonal (surprise) beer brewed with pumpkin juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, with an addition of cranberries and a touch of lemongrass — because why not?
Guests will arrive at 6:30 p.m. for an amuse-bouche (because who doesn't like pre-gaming on delicious food before your five-course menu of delicious food), after which they will be ready to take a seat for the 7 p.m. dinner.
The meal is planned to proceed thusly:
- Pomegranate and fig salad with Humboldt Fog cheese, flowering kale, and tarragon vinaigrette.
- A hearty autumn appetizer of roasted bone marrow with maple brittle,
dateand bacon marmalade, and toasted rye bread.
- Savory roasted duck satay with Anaheim peppers, poached Brandywine tomatoes, spicy risotto, and Mandarin-soy glaze.
- A main entrée of overnight braised short rib with creamy polenta, horseradish crème fraÎche with pear, and carrot slaw.
- House-made monkey bread with
pumpkin-honeyglaze and lemon verbena whipped cream.
According to a restaurant spokesperson, "Each pairing of beer and
Reservations are required and can be made by calling 561-276-3600. The Office is located at 201 E. Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach. Visit theofficedelray.com.
Doug Fairall is a craft beer blogger who focuses on Florida beers and has been a homebrewer since 2010. For beer things in your Twitter feed, follow him @DougFairall and find the latest beer pics on Clean Plate's Instagram.