This cozy cottage restaurant hidden in Pompano Beach has been serving German-style breakfast and lunch since 1979. As the long lines suggest, it's just about the perfect breakfast joint. On any given day, the whiteboard tacked on the tiny cottage's far wall is filled with intriguing specials. There are eggs accompanied by all manner of meat, from big ol' pork chops and New York strip steaks ($9.45) to juicy brats and griddled kielbasa - the bratwurst in particular is sausage at its finest, sourced locally and bursting with flavor. Banana and chocolate chip pancakes are as big as vinyl records and full of melting soft fruit. And asparagus omelets with creamy Swiss cheese are as bright as the sun filtering in through the cottage's windows. Everything, from the homemade mustard with horseradish and hot sauce to the superlative home fries flecked with onions, is near flawless. Cash only.
- Price: $
- Hours: Monday & Tuesday 7 a.m.-2 p.m.; Wednesday-Friday 7 a.m.-2 p.m., 5-9 p.m.; Saturday 7 a.m.-1 p.m., 5-9 p.m.; Sunday 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Free, Lot Available
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup