For those of us with high expectations of low places, this raw bar has appeal. You can stumble up to the docks almost any time of day and sup on platters of gulf oysters and wash them down with ice-cold beer from the bottle or plunk down inside and escape the sun with an iced tea and a platter of meat loaf. Steamed clams are tender little nuggets, and fried seafood is nongreasy, freshly prepared, and downright cheap. Landlubber faves include chili dogs, mini burgers, Buffalo wings, and Philly cheese steaks.
Photo by Glenn Govot, courtesy of Southport Raw Bar & Restaurant
- Price: $
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-11 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday 7:30 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Reservations: Not Accepted
- Parking: Free, Lot Available
- Order/delivery via Other
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats