G&B Oyster Bar, Eliot Wolfe and the company that helms Coconuts is behind this spot offering creative comfort foods. Foxy Brown is a riff on multiple meanings. It is a play on the 1974 blaxploitation film as well as the rapper who violated probation on a trip to South Florida in 2007, during which she was arrested for allegedly caused a scuffle in a Pembroke Pines beauty supply store. (She pleaded not guilty.) The real inspiration is this, says Wolfe: Foxy Brown is named after his dog. The other inspiration for the restaurant is the patty melt, the burger and Swiss with caramelized onions on marbled bread.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Wednesday-Friday 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m.; Saturday 9:30 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sunday 9:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Sidewalk tables
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Free, Lot Available
- Call restaurant to order/pay