Located just south of Linton Blvd on Federal Highway in Delray Beach, Florida, Tim Finnegan’s is truly the Irish cultural center for the region. “In Ireland, the traditional public house is traditionally very much the cultural and social center of the town. So many Irish bars in America lose that sense of community,” said Lisa Walsh, who owns and operates Tim Finnegan’s Pub together with her husband, Noel Walsh. We started Tim Finnegan’s because we wanted that warm sense of community, warmth, history and heritage we missed so much from back home.”
This week’s main event at Tim Finnegan’s is certainly the St. Patrick’s Day party, certain to be the best craic in the Boca/Delray area. But a true Irish pub does not live on St. Patrick’s Day alone. The pub also hosts a number of Irish cultural events and happenings all year round:
• Live Irish music on stage every weekend.
• Weekly meetings of Tir na mBlath, the South Florida chapter of Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann, the Society of Musicians of Ireland.
• Live Irish set dancing to live music every Wednesday, led by experienced Irish dancer Kathy Kelly. All welcome!
• Traditional Irish Session every Sunday beginning at 4pm – a gathering of traditional musicians dedicated to playing the traditional reels, jigs, hornpipes, sean nos singing and other traditional dance tunes of Ireland.
• Weekly classes in Irish Gaelic.
• Singer-songwriter gatherings.