12. He's a great interviewer. J. Mascis gives him absolutely nothing to work with, but Leo just keeps going. Even gets a dig in there against lazy journalists!
11. He wrote "Fuck Foghat" on this poster.
10. He recently performed a ten-year anniversary show in New York for 2001's full-length debut with the Pharmacists, The Tyranny of Distance. This gradual descent into batshit riffage is one of its finest moments -- and Leo at his muscular best.
9. He's funny on the Twitter.
Quick poll: how many ppl want my next record to sound like 1974 heavy riffage proto-punk glam + late '80s post-hXc + tender Irish baladry?
8. Regarding the last point, he really does like "The Sick Bed of Cúchulaínn" by the Pogues, a lot.
7. He can throw down with a bottle and admitted to it while battling a norovirus during an interview I conducted with him a few years ago regarding a song about a situation like that.
If they put that bottle in your hand, would you be able to fight back?
I don't want to get myself in trouble here, but I would know how to use it.
Anyhow, this would've been handy during a run-in with Iggy Pop's road crew ten years ago, but Ted was wise enough to deflect such invitations for violence.