What happens when two of South Florida's best MCs combine forces to bring the best of what the Miami and Fort Lauderdale hip hop scene has to offer? For those of you who were stumped, the answer is Alligator City.
An undeniable reference to the notoriously aggressive predator of the 'Glades and "an ode to the swamp and the sticks,"Alligator City, made up of Chris "Bizerk" Brajdic and Timothy "Protoman" McClure, is a duo whose raw talent and tag-team vocals are reminiscent of The Beastie Boys or Outkast.
Abebe Lewis of Circle House Studio is the mastermind behind this team who together blend the styles of Dade and Broward hip hop, providing a unique sound that's just as easy to dance to as it is to light up a doob and puff to, and we're not the only ones taking notice of this one of a kind dynamic; heavy hitting, no-rules, punk-hop.
Alligator City has been recruited to open for legendary rapper DMX this Friday at Revolution live, yet another megastar they can add to their resume -- the dudes have performed with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, MAYDAY!, and Dead Prez -- climbing their way to the top and distancing themselves from the "everyone's a rapper" scene.
These white boys go, and they go hard, so we thought it would only be fitting to ask these soon-to-be superstars what their rider looks like, ya know, so venues nationwide know exactly what it is these fellas are after.
Here is sneak peak of AC's flow, "Teams On the Map," a remix of Nicki Minaj's "Beez in the Trap."
What an Alligator City rider consists of (cue to haters - put your sarcasm hats on)
- Dressing room must have Alligator skin Wallpaper on all walls
- Alligator Skin Floor Mats
- 16 Bottles of Moet Rose
- 2 trash cans in dressing room both laced with Glad brand, Odorshield, scented trash bags
- 4 Bottles of Listerine Zero Mint Mouthwash
- A Nintendo Wii with Wii Sports (most importantly Bowling) and four (4) remote controls.
- A Home Depot bucket half full of Banana Kush
- no reference "white rappers" ie: comparisons to Eminem, Bubba Sparxxx, Vanilla Ice, Beastie Boys, Yelawolf, or Water Gun Kelly."
- This show requires that all entrance doors, including backstage shall be attended by female attendants standing 5' 4" and a '36 - 24 - 36' frame.