The spotlight on Tupac Shakur's life often focuses on his musical ventures, but people seem to forget about his career on the big screen. From Janet Jackson to Tim Roth and even Mickey Rourke, Tupac co-starred
alongside some of Hollywood's big players. So in honor of the legendary hip-hop artist's 40th birthday, we
compiled a few highlights from his filmography.
Click through the jump to see some of Tupac's film highlights. Beware many of them are NSFW due to language, so you might want to turn the speakers down in the office.
1. "Juice" (1992) - Appearing alongside Omar Epps, this was Tupac's first starring role. How many times can one person say "fuck" in under a minute?
2. "Poetic Justice" (1993) - Tupac vs. Janet? Need we say more?
3. "A Different World" (1993) - Ok it's not a movie, but c'mon seeing Tupac on a sitcom? Couldn't leave that out.
4. "Above the Rim" (1994) - Definitely Tupac's greatest film role.
5. "Gridlock'd" (1997) - Released after Tupac's death, the stabbing debate with Tim Roth is quite hilarious.
Keep New Times Broward-Palm Beach Free... Since we started New Times Broward-Palm Beach, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of South Florida, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering South Florida with no paywalls.