Radio-Active Records' days in the Gateway Shopping Plaza are numbered, which means its grand opening at 845 N. Federal Highway is steadily approaching. We recently announced that the longtime music retail source is moving to a more visible spot, and today there are details of the opening celebration.
The daylong, blowout bash with food, live music, and some cold chillin' on Saturday, November 5, will be a righteous introduction to the new space. (It'll also be a test run for the hordes that'll be out for Record Store Day's Black Friday releases on November 25.)
Musical entertainment for the day comes courtesy of Miami's Little Beard and a couple of Death to the Sun III stars, Luma Junger and Möthersky. The latter act includes Radio-Active's own Richard Vergez, who designed the snazzy logo at the right.
From Radio-Active Records' news release:
New location: 845 N. Federal Highway,
- Giveaways from Green Room and Laser Wolf
- We will be premiering our new AIMS listening station which allows you to sample new and upcoming releases
- 100's of new arrival used records (a lot of rare punk, indie, and new wave)
- Food trucks
- a bunch of old grumpy people looking for records
- Same brand, same personnel, brand new kick-ass location
Radio-Active Records' New Location Grand Opening. With Little Beard, Luma Junger, and Möthersky; DJ sets by Kems, Esoteric, and Sensitive Side. 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (bands start at 6 p.m.) Saturday, November 5, at 845 N. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale. No cover. Click here.
Follow County Grind on Facebook and Twitter: @CountyGrind.