The best Thanksgiving mix doesn't have to be thematic -- as with all
music that accompanies a gathering like the one Thanksgiving requires,
it should be easy to listen to, unrecognizably pleasant: background
But our goal here isn't necessarily to give you songs to
accompany the event. It's to get you thinking about what the holiday
should really be about: gratitude, gatherings, the changing of seasons
and partaking of food and drink together. After all, Thanksgiving's
roots are dubious at best, so instead of pretending the holiday is a
sincere one, you've got to try to make it about love and sharing presently. Also, these songs could at least make a really, really good cooking soundtrack.
1. William DeVaughn - Be Thankful for What You've Got
2. Jackson 5 - It's Great to Be Here
3. Cannonball Adderley with Miles Davis - Autumn Leaves
4. Big Star - Thank You Friends
(the link below contains the demo version AND the single)
5. Jonathan Richman - He Gave Us the Wine to Taste
6. Yo La Tengo - Autumn Sweater
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
7. Sly & the Family Stone - Thank You
8. Van Morrison - Golden Autumn Day