Actual country music, and also what the powers-that-be have named the twang-affected psuedo-rock or fiddle-touched pop music that drips out of Nashville's never-ceasing production lines each year, holds the largest fan-base in music these days. Modern country artists sell records, they sell massive amounts of tickets, and they're a hot commodity.
Way too hot to be assembled for something like a cruise -- the current popular vessel for consuming mass quantities of live music. All of these artists have way too much money to make on their own tours, and for fuck's sake, this ain't "the redneck yacht club." Not to mention how just plain wrong it would be to play such distinctly American sounds in international waters.
However, for those of you interested in a more affordable way to see some of the top names in the genre as they trickle through South Florida on their individual concert dates, there's the Tire Kingdom 2013 Country MegaTicket. And according to the press release, it's, "BIGGER THAN EVER!"
The MegaTicket, for the uninitiated, is a package deal for eight concerts that will be coming through West Palm Beach's Cruzan Amphitheatre between the months of May and October. That cuts the cost of seeing these like-genre'd artists substantially -- that is if you can make each of the performances and like all of the artists enough to drop $999.00 a person on a VIP Gold Circle Package, or $200 per the lawn seat package. Both choices entitle you to early pre-sale access for 2014's MegaTicket, and the Gold Circle pack gives you parking passes for each show in addition to the VIP seating.
Artists performing include:
1. Tim McGraw w/Brantley Gilbert and Love and Theft on 5/10
2. Rascal Flatts w/the Band Perry on 6/8
3. Brad Paisley w/Chris Young on 6/21
4. Blake Shelton w/Easton Corbin and Jana Kramer on 8/31
5. Jason Aldeen w/Thomas Rhett on 9/7
6. Miranda Lambert w/Dierks Bentley and Randy Rogers Band on 9/21
7. Keith Urban w/Little Big Town and Dustin Lynch on 10/5
8. Luke Bryan w/Thompson Square and Florida Georgia Line on 10/26