We're not done with you yet! The ultimate Broward County bucket list continues on with numbers 40 through 21. Go forth and start crossing things off the list. You can thank us later.
40. Become a regular at PRL Café. Not only was owner Jay Rottermund specializing in international beers before craft beer was cool but you might catch some eclectic art or learn a thing or two about European politics while you're here.
39. Flutter over to Butterfly World. Just pay the danged $24.95 and see it already. It's the largest butterfly park in the world.
38. Ride your horse to McDonald's. The whole ranch-style town of Davie has a Western theme, and the Micky D's has a hitching post outside.
37. Drive like a local. If you want to zip around Fort Lauderdale fast, trade A1A for Birch Road and U.S. 1 for 15th Street.
36. Fulfill your freaky fantasies at Scary Mary's tricked-out dominatrix dungeon, Chamber 7.
35. Play "Bitchy Bingo" with drag queens at Lips.
34. Cycle Party down Las Olas. This group bicycle is powered by 15 partiers who stop at bars along the way. Bring an iPod stocked with party jams.
33. Host a hurricane party. If a hurricane actually comes.
32. Find the wild monkeys behind the Motel 6 in Dania Beach.
31. Browse at Bob's News & Books. Part head shop, part porn shop, part art-book shop, and part cosmopolitan magazine stand.
30. Experience the Bergeron Rodeo in Davie. Everyone needs a little old-fashioned calf roping.
29. Go night-fishing.
28. Play on an adult kickball team. The World Adult Kickball Association is all about the "best parties, best games, and best friends."
27. Check out the "World's Fastest Sport" at Dania Jai Alai. Just like handball but played with a cesta and a ball that goes so fast, it could kill you.
26. Bike around the finger islands off Las Olas Boulevard. Back in the 1920s, developers borrowed from Venice the technique of dredging parallel canals with long peninsulas and a central road. That's why Fort Lauderdale is called "The Venice of America."
25. Make friends with retired NFL stars or Jamaican reggae stars. They all live here!
24. Get your concealed weapons permit. Everybody has one!
23. Take in the view at the top of the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. The rotating rooftop lounge is usually reserved for special events; but sweet-talk someone at the front desk to be let up.
22. Explore the arts! Get familiar with the Young at Art Museum, the Museum of Art|Fort Lauderdale, the Girls' Club gallery, and/or the Art and Culture Center of Hollywood. Tour the galleries in FAT Village, Fort Lauderdale's warehouse district, on the last Saturday of each month, and volunteer for the Puppet Network's fantastic annual Day of the Dead parade.
21. Hitchhike -- by Jet Ski.
Keep New Times Broward-Palm Beach Free... Since we started New Times Broward-Palm Beach, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of South Florida, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering South Florida with no paywalls.