That acronym could be a common reaction to Rep. Allen West's comment to the Sun-Sentinel editorial board on Wednesday in response to a question about whether Mitt Romney's a flip-flopper.
"No," West replied. "Look I'm not into name-calling, all that kind of stuff."
Let's play Politifact here for a second and fact-check the claim that West isn't "into name-calling."
- Herman Cain: "Distracter"
- Occupy Wall Street: "Gangs"
- Occupy Wall Street: "Sons of anarchy"
- Gene Sperling: "Idiot"
- New Times: "Idiot liberals"
- New Times: "Delusional dummies"
- New Times: "A bunch of losers"
- Maxine Waters: "Plantation overseer"
- Obama supporters: "A threat to the gene pool"
- Allen West: "Right-wing extremist"
- Allen West: "Harriet Tubman"
- Joe Biden: "Nutty"
- President Obama: "Marxist"
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: "Most vile, unprofessional, and despicable member of the U.S. House of Representatives"
Yeah, we'd say he's "into name-calling" and "that kind of stuff."
We rate West's claim as being false.
Keep New Times Broward-Palm Beach Free... Since we started New Times Broward-Palm Beach, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of South Florida, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering South Florida with no paywalls.