At the risk of inspiring more interblog conflict about religion, here are some memorable quotes about the topic followed by those who uttered them. The answers come after the jump.
1. "When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion."
2. "Religion is what keeps the poor man from murdering the rich."
3. "Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private school, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and the state forever separate."
4. "Religion is an illusion, and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our instinctual desires."
5. "I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation [and] is but a reflection of human frailty."
6. "Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning."
7. "Some people, well, if they don't like Scientology, well, then, fuck you. Really, fuck you. Period.."
8. "I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reasons, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
9. "The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus by the Supreme Being in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."
10. "I believe in God; I just don't trust anyone who works for him."
a. Thomas Jefferson
b. Tom Cruise
d. Abraham Lincoln
f. Albert Einstein
g. Napoleon Bonaparte
h. Ulysses S. Grant
i. Sigmund Freud
j. Bill Gates
Answers: (1., d; 2., g; 3., h; 4. i; 5., f; 6., j; 7., b; 8., c; 9., a; 10.,e).