Incarcerated reggae star Buju Banton has switched attorneys and hired Chokwe Lumumba to continue his fight against federal drug and gun charges.
Buju's new attorney, Lumumba, is currently waiting on the official paperwork to go through but expects to delve into the case and meet with Buju at a Miami federal penitentiary in the coming weeks.
- Reggae Great Buju Banton Is Locked Up on Drug Charges. Was He Entrapped?
- Alex Johnson, Colombian Snitch in Case Against Buju Banton, Earned Millions From U.S. Government
- DOJ Continues to Press for Gun Charge Against Buju Banton
- Buju Banton's Legal Team Blasts Feds in Latest Arguments
- Buju Banton's Attorney: "We Had Ten Really Good Issues for the Appeal"
- Buju Banton's Appeal Pisses Off DOJ, Causes Government to File Its Own Appeal
Keep New Times Broward-Palm Beach Free... Since we started New Times Broward-Palm Beach, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of South Florida, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering South Florida with no paywalls.