Ernest Wallace, Alleged Aaron Hernandez Accomplice, Arrested in Miramar, "Was a Gentleman" (UPDATED)

Update, 4:39 p.m. : Gil Bueno, a public information officer with the city of Miramar, says that "today at around 1:20 p.m. Ernest Wallace walked in to the police department to turn himself in." Wallace said that "he saw it somewhere on TV that he was wanted."

"He invoked his rights to counsel," Bueno said, "so no investigator can talk to him without an attorney present. He is temporarily arrested here. He will be transported to the Broward Sheriff's Office facilities to be held until Bristol County can make arrangements to get him."

Bueno said Wallace "was a gentleman" and that even though he was "a Miramar resident," Miramar police had not received any official requests to arrest Wallace prior to him walking in the door of the police station, though his name may have been entered into a database of wanted persons called the National Crime Information Center.

"It was matter of time [until Miramar police would have been asked to assist in the investigation], or maybe [Massachusetts] had their own investigators" who intended to look for Wallace in Miramar, Bueno said. "Sometimes people come in and say they have warrants and they don't. They say they're responsible for Jimmy Hoffa or Amelia Earhart."

Wallace will be transferred to the custody of the Broward Sheriff's Office on Friday afternoon. On Saturday morning, he'll face a bond hearing. Extradition will begin from there.

Original story: The third suspect in the Aaron Hernandez murder investigation has been arrested in Miramar.

Ernest Wallace was picked up today by police in connection with the killing of Odin Lloyd in Massachusetts. Police had released the 41-year-old Wallace's name earlier in the week as an alleged accomplice in the execution-style killing.

Property records indicate that an "Ernest G. Wallace" and an "Angela Wallace" are listed as the owners of a house on Jasper Way in Miramar. A 41-year-old "Ernest G. Wallace" is also associated with the same address, as well as listings in Miami and Bristol, Connecticut.

Police first released Wallace's name last night. He was said to be "armed and dangerous." Wallace -- known as "Bo" or "Fish" -- was the second accomplice in the case. The first, Carlos Ortiz, is also now in custody.

Lloyd was killed on June 17. Police immediately began looking for a Chrysler 300. The vehicle was believed to have been driven by Wallace. The car was later found abandoned in Bristol, Conn.

Bueno said the police department would be releasing a full police report soon.

Stay tuned to the Pulp for updates.

We use cookies to collect and analyze information on site performance and usage, and to enhance and customize content and advertisements. By clicking 'X' or continuing to use the site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. To find out more, visit our cookies policy and our privacy policy.


All-access pass to the top stories, events and offers around town.

  • Top Stories


All-access pass to top stories, events and offers around town.

Sign Up >

No Thanks!

Remind Me Later >