A rundown of what's news in South Florida:
- A day after Scott Rothstein was sentenced to 50 years in prison, the speculation begins about which of his associates will be charged next. Two prime candidates: his law partners Russ Adler and Stuart Rosenfeldt. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Loan modification programs must not be working -- especially not in Palm Beach County, where home seizures were up 506 percent this May compared to May 2009. [Palm Beach Post]
- Jeff Dilworth, the 14-year-old who accidentally shot his best friend, Daniel Torres, has been charged criminally along with his mother, Shari Edwards, who kept the loaded gun in the nightstand of her Hollywood home. [WSVN-7]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Pat Riley has been sued by a real estate broker who says the Miami Heat president agreed to share a percentage of what he made on land sales for a development called the Forum at Fort Myers. [Miami Herald]
- WPBF anchor Kristin Hoke died Wednesday of breast cancer at age 42. [WPBF-25]