For fresh material on the breaking news item of the moment, the stabbings in Manalapan, scroll down. Here's what else is happening in Broward and Palm Beach:
- That's not the day's only stabbing story. A 15-year-old in Coral Springs stabbed his 14-year-old brother to death during a fight over the volume of a computer. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Former Broward GOP chair Kevin Tynan has been appointed by Gov. Charlie Crist to replace Beverly Gallagher on the Broward County School Board. Tynan's got zero background in education, zero familiarity with the district, and has never been elected to a public office, but he's still a bit more qualified than the guy whom Crist appointed to the U.S. Senate. [Miami Herald]
- Crist's primary opponent, Marco Rubio, gave a rousing speech to Broward's Republican Executive Committee last night, but he didn't mention the governor. [Miami Herald]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- An autopsy found that Palm Beach billionaire and Madoff friend Jeffry Picower died of a heart attack. See, Madoff victims? He did have a heart. Just not a very good one. [Palm Beach Post]
- A local man visiting Disney World was arrested for fondling a woman in the Typhoon Lagoon. [WSVN]