Let's see what's happening in Palm Beach and Broward counties this Monday morning:
- A drug raid around midnight Saturday by Broward Sheriff's Office led to a deadly shooting after the owner of a suspected drug house, Brenda Van Zwieten, 52, brandished a gun. Van Zwieten's family says she wasn't a drug dealer. [WSVN-7]
- Students and faculty at Bak Middle School for the Arts in West Palm Beach are mourning the loss of Tom Conboy, a popular physical education teacher and coach who died of kidney cancer. [Palm Beach Post]
- Florida educators are at the mercy of Florida's Republican Legislature, which wants to change the standards for evaluating their job performance. [Miami Herald]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Fort Lauderdale's St. Patrick's Day parade brought out some of the state's leading political celebrities, like nothing we've seen since they put Scott Rothstein in jail. [Daily Pulp]
- The Bahamas Celebration will be the first multiday cruise ship to leave from the Port of Palm Beach when it sets sail today. [Palm Beach Post]