Let's see what's in the news this Monday morning:
- In a move that should come as no surprise to loyal Juice readers, Deerfield Beach's Mango Festival was canceled after one day, apparently because the promoters ran out of money to pay for the sound system. No indication whether ticket purchases will be refunded. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Health insurer Blue Cross Blue Shield is refusing to pay for the residential care of an 18-year-old who crashed his Corvette while drag-racing at the Palm Beach International Raceway. [Palm Beach Post]
- Two men caught Saturday night in the act of burglarizing an unoccupied home in Southwest Ranches struck a Broward Sheriff's Office deputy with their van, injuring him. Another deputy shot and killed one burglar and injured the other. [Sun-Sentinel]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- With a $7 million budget gap to fill, Boca Raton is looking to annex adjacent land to add to its tax base. [WPBF-25]
- Plantation is still haunted by wild pigs, as amateur video shot Sunday will attest. [WPLG-10]