Let's see what's going on in South Florida this Monday morning:
- A Hollywood woman, Cheryl Arthur, has been charged in the strangling and suffocation death of her 3-year-old daughter. A passerby found the 39-year-old woman walking along the shoulder of I-95 in Hollywood and gave her a ride to a police station. [WPLG-10]
- As if the Ben Novack murder case isn't wild enough already, the latest star witness is named Big Fannie Annie, who says that the wife, Narcy Novack, was into voodoo and counting cash during the period they both worked at a Hialeah strip club. Also, it's worth taking a second look at the mysterious death of the woman who was to be executor of the Novack estate, Bernice Novack, whose bloody demise was attributed to a series of "falls." [Miami Herald]
- Thanks to D-Wade's heroics, there will be no Celtic sweep of the Heat. The star guard scored 46 points in a Game 4 victory over Boston. [ESPN]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Madonna is "this close" to snatching up a Wellington home near the equestrian center, which has fallen from $13 to $11.9 million. [Page2Live.com]
- Lauderhill will vote this week on whether to impose a one-year moratorium on new strip clubs. [Sun-Sentinel]