Your daily glance at what's happening in Broward and Palm Beach media:
- Sun-Sentinel: The 59-year-old nursing assistant who had a Plantation cop fire a bullet through her car's window Monday night says she never saw a cop directing traffic and certainly never struck one with her car, as the cop who fired the shot claims.
- WPTV: Arnold Mullen, the Palm Beach Gardens accountant who was sued a few weeks ago by the founder of Reebok, was arrested on charges of embezzling $25 million.
- Daily Pulp: Ponzi-scheming attorney Scott Rothstein's former bodyguard, Bob Scandiffio, tells of how Rothstein concocted a scheme where they'd both tell the feds that Scandiffio was extorting Rothstein. It could mean leniency for Rothstein, who reasoned that Scandiffio only has a few years to live and he may as well spend them in prison. That Rothstein -- always thinking of others!
- Miami Herald: Helped by the hot three-point shooting of Daequan Cook, the Heat knocked off the Atlanta Hawks.
- Palm Beach Post: The body of 23-year-old Courtney Hayes was found in the rubble of Haiti's Hotel Montana. The Lynn University student was there on a charitable mission when the quake struck.