As it's a holiday week, and you probably want to play games with your loved ones, we're taking a break from our usual substantive blogging to offer you a fun quiz.
Many Broward County municipalities have lofty mottos that seem a little too grand for the general apathy and lack of civic engagement that they conceal. Communist countries, on the other hand, have a long and storied tradition of forcing civic engagement through propaganda. So naturally, there's a little give and take.
The list continues after the jump. Hover or click on the links to see the answers. Nastrovya!
- "Preserving our rural lifestyle"
- "Let's conquer space!"
- "Every day life is getting better!"
- "The grass is greener"
- "Staff makes all the difference"
- "Environmentally proud"
- "Giving beyond the expected"
- "We care"
- "Beauty and progress"
- "Engaged, inspired, united!"
- "To catch up and get ahead"
- "Serve the people"
- "Without pity, we'll decimate and obliterate the enemy!"
How'd you do? Challenge your friends and sign up to volunteer with your local municipality! Onward, to greatness!
Stefan Kamph is a New Times staff writer.
The Pulp: Facebook | @thePulpBPB
Stefan Kamph: Story archive | Facebook | @stefankamph