UPDATE: Police say they are still investigating the matter, but that no one was hospitalized, as some other outlets had reported.
Bimini Boatyard Bar & Grill general manager, Jeff Hallick, had no comment when reached by New Times.
The restaurant is currently open for business.
Original post: Kitchen workers at the the Bimini Boatyard Bar & Grill have reportedly been exposed to an unknown white substance.
According to the report, the powder irritated four employees, and Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue and hazmat personnel were called in to investigate.
The restaurant, located at 1555 SE 15th Ave., was in the middle of the Wednesday lunch rush when the call was made.
Hazmat crews and firefighters arrived at the restaurant just before noon.
Fort Lauderdale police are unclear what the employees' symptoms were or how they began to feel ill, but all four are expected to be decontaminated and examined further to see if medical treatment is necessary.
One report says the employees were complained of a burning sensation.
According to the Sun Sentinel, the four employees were apparently going to be hosed down in the restaurant parking lot.
A section of the parking lot has been cordoned off to make way for a makeshift decontamination area.
We'll update this story as more information becomes available.