This weekend starting May 30th and continuing to May 31st, The Funky Buddha Brewery will be hosting a grand birthday party for their Oakland Park production brewery.
Before the big festival day on Saturday the 31st, denizens of Palm Beach County, and those looking to make the drive, will have a chance to 'pre-game' at the lounge-iest beer/tea/hookah spot in the area.
The official pre-party festivities (though if THIS event is still a party, how is it a pre-party?? I digress... ) start on Friday at the Funky Buddha Lounge in Boca Raton, with a smattering of Lounge-made brews from Team Morgan.
Starting at 8 p.m., expect to find the following delectable delights:
- Rich Uncle Pennybags Porter (Chocolate Cherries soaked in Malbec)
- Pina Colada Wheat aged with Chardonnay
- Rum Raisin Imperial Stout
- Red Velvet Cake Red Ale
- Fluffer Nutter Brown Ale
- French Toast Brown
- Red Rum Red Ale (Coconut Rum Red ale)
- Maple Bacon Coffee Porter
- Vanilla Espresso Stout
- Barrel Aged Berliner
- Margarita Berliner
Then at 10, JD & the Midnight Howls will take the stage, and the whole shindig will last until 2 a.m. Which is late enough if you're going to get eight hours of sleep and wake up the next day to head to...
The Funky Buddha One Year Anniversarty Party.
Yes, the Oakland Park production brewery and taproom will be celebrating their first year in operation with a kick-ass
festival celebration on May 31st, starting at noon.
As has been standard at previous Buddha events, expect a flyer denoting timed releases, and schedule yourself accordingly.
Are you ready for the list? Here is what has been finalized:
- Hop Gun
- Crusher Session IPA Amarillo
- Ghost Dog
- Cabana Boy
- OP Porter
- Doc Brown
- Red Velvet Cake Ale
- Small Axe, Big IPA
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Porter
- Humble Braggot
- Anthony's Fuhgeddaboudit Red Ale
- Blueberry Cobbler Ale
- Trippel Lindy
- Pineapple Hop Gun IPA
- Last Snow
- Vanilla Cream Abdul Jabbar Nitro
- Nitro Vanilla Coffee Porter
- More Moro
- Do the Rye Thing
- Passion of the Crusher Fruited Session IPA
- Raspberry Floridian
- Daywalker IPA
- Clifford's Big Red Ale
- Banana Split Wheat
- Nutella Porter
- French Toast Double Brown Ale
- Don't Tell Reece Peanut Butter Cup Ale
- Rice Crispy Treat
- Bluth's Banana Stand (Chocolate-Covered Banana Porter)
- Baklava Braggot
- Snap in the Face (Lemongrass, Cilantro, and Chile Ale)
- Laird's Apple Brandy Barrel-Aged Quadrangle
- Fire in Your Hole (Raspberry/Scorpion Chile Imperial Red)
- Snowed In (Imperial Last Snow)
- Uncle Vucuv's Imperial Stout
- Pinot Noir Barrel-Aged Iron & Barleywine
- The Fluffer (Fluffer Nutter Ale)
- Dredd Pirate Ed Roberts (Cherry, Coconut, Chocolate Imperial Stout)
- Watermelon Gose
- Apple Toffee Double Brown
- Ginger Lemongrass Wheat
- No Crusts
- Raspberry Berliner
With a smattering of guest taps too (the Buddha has many friends):
- Tequesta Blueberry Saison
- St. Somewhere Et Sans Fin
- St. Somewhere Cheval
- Swamp Head Darkwater
- 7eventh Sun Gose
- Wynwood Hazelnut Cup of Jose
- Wynwood Barrel-Aged Wheat Wine
- Cigar City Peach White Oak
- Cigar City Double Barrel Hunahpu's
Live music starting at 1pm, art, book signings of Florida Breweries by Gerard Walen (check out our review), and much much more. Check out the Facebook event page for an in-depth FAQ.
We'll be there both days, so come say hello. I personally love talking craft, and I hope you do too.
Doug Fairall is a craft beer blogger who focuses on Florida beers and has been a homebrewer since 2010. For beer things in your Twitter feed, follow him @DougFairall and find the latest beer pics on Instagram.