Well gawsh darn. This week was a great one on Clean Plate Charlie. We shared laughs. We shed tears. We ate a lot of food. Check out what you missed below.
- Morton cooks for who? Oh, for us.
- "Mi amore, take me to El Zocalo!"
- My trip to Key West yields three great restaurants with their doors still open, even in slow-as-molasses September.
- In this week's Love Bites, Riki wonders if a hot-shot doctor is out of her league. To that I say, "Impossible!"
- I gotta be honest, folks: Brett just hasn't been the same after eating that heaping spoonful of mango kuchela. Is it normal for a human to pant?
- Next time you're drunk and stumbling around Fort Lauderdale at night, looking for a piece of pie, check out these two pizza joints.
- Candy is dandy, but bourbon barrel aged liquor is sooo much quicker.
- "I'm gonna give you to the count of five, before I pump your ugly, yella, no good guts full for sausage," says the Meatist.
- New Times' Pairings was actually a totally successful food smorgasbord, and we're not just saying that.
Keep New Times Broward-Palm Beach Free... Since we started New Times Broward-Palm Beach, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of South Florida, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering South Florida with no paywalls.