Another interesting week on the blog. Up for a second helping? Here's the highlights you might have missed.
- Don't let those veggies rot away in your fridge - turn them into quiche.
- If a gun is fired at a Coral Springs bar, and only a blog commenter hears it, does it make a sound?
- We avoid the bowflex and sink into Ilios at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, instead.
- Blind dates turn deaf at the rowdy dude-ranch, Steak 954.
- Marumi Sushi's tofu steak is easy to make at home.
- I predict even the Jack Link's sasquatch would pass these up.
- That's some big, tubular love going down at East Coast Burrito Factory.
- The Meatist offers a failsafe method for searing steak - heat, heat, and more heat.
Keep New Times Broward-Palm Beach Free... Since we started New Times Broward-Palm Beach, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of South Florida, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering South Florida with no paywalls.