Here's what you missed this week on Charlie:
- Check it out: Brett Gillin delights in finding out what beverage bartenders hate to make, then masochistically tortures them by having them make it. Turns out, suffering tastes delightful.
- Local chef Ron Duprat barely escapes the boot on Top Chef Las Vegas. Next week: he serves ice cream to eskimos.
- A couple more restaurants close up shop, and South Florida edges one step closer towards a Mad Max-style, post-apocolyptic wasteland.
- MIchael Vick did some disgusting things to dogs; whatever you do, don't look in the mirror.
- Can Can dancers and truffles on everything? Vive la France!
- The title sounds like a set up for an off color joke, but Riki Altman's Love Bites is an entertaining read.
- Some of the best pizza in Broward is made with wood, not coal.
- Two subs enter. One sub prevails.
Keep New Times Broward-Palm Beach Free... Since we started New Times Broward-Palm Beach, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of South Florida, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering South Florida with no paywalls.