Here's a roundup of five strange and disturbing food-related links.
1. Check out this video on dumpster diving with chef-activist Daniel Klein, who has worked with Tom Colicchio and Thomas Keller, among others. "I've gained ten pounds since I started dumpster diving," he says.
2. "All You Can Eat" shrimp dinners are killing Florida's mangroves. Here's why it matters.
3. Diners eat from toilet bowls at a Chinese restaurant called ShitHouse.
4. Thieves seek restaurants' used fryer oil.
5. Do you fugu? Why more restaurants offer this deadly and delicious dish.
Are you a dumpster diver aficionado? Know where to get fugu in South Florida? Sound off in the comments.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to New Times Broward-Palm Beach's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling South Florida's stories with no paywalls.