Here's a roundup of five strange and disturbing food-related links.
1. Check out this video on dumpster diving with chef-activist Daniel Klein, who has worked with Tom Colicchio and Thomas Keller, among others. "I've gained ten pounds since I started dumpster diving," he says.
2. "All You Can Eat" shrimp dinners are killing Florida's mangroves. Here's why it matters.
3. Diners eat from toilet bowls at a Chinese restaurant called ShitHouse.
4. Thieves seek restaurants' used fryer oil.
5. Do you fugu? Why more restaurants offer this deadly and delicious dish.
Are you a dumpster diver aficionado? Know where to get fugu in South Florida? Sound off in the comments.
Keep New Times Broward-Palm Beach Free... Since we started New Times Broward-Palm Beach, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of South Florida, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering South Florida with no paywalls.