If you've always wanted to know more about wine and are looking for something to do this evening, look no more.
The Best Cellar in Wilton Manors is hosting an educational winetasting tonight, January 14, from 8 to 10 p.m.
For $15 (about the price of a movie and a small popcorn), you'll have the opportunity to taste and learn about almost a dozen wines including:
- E & E Black Pepper Shiraz 2003 Australia
- Hanna Bismark Ranch Cabernet 2006
- Peneley's Cabernet "Phoenix" 2009 Australia
- Hedges Cabenet 2008 Washington
- Aramis Cabernet 2005 Australia
- Flinders Bay "Mayflower" 2007 Margaret River
- Flinders Bay Margaret River Shiraz 2006
- Greenhough Pinot Noir New Zealand 2006
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Sauvignon Blanc 2008
The winetasting also includes a champagne reception, plus bonus wines thrown in. For reservations, call 954-630-8020.
Keep New Times Broward-Palm Beach Free... Since we started New Times Broward-Palm Beach, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of South Florida, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering South Florida with no paywalls.