Has the holiday season crept up on you so fast you've barely had time to take your Halloween decorations down, let alone plan for Turkey Day? It's cool. (Please get rid of that pumpkin, though, it's scaring the neighbors.) Here's a couple last minute Thanksgiving ideas to help make your holiday easier.
Service runs from noon to 8 p.m. and includes:
- Zed Turkey Breast basted with garlic and chive butter served with cranberry and apricot chutney
- Hickory Smoked Ham with a honey clove glaze and served with green apple chutney
- Escalope of turkey roulade featuring chestnut stuffing and roast tomato turkey veloute
- Asian pork belly served with sweet and spicy wild rice
- Haricot verts casserole garnished with crispy shallots
- Harvest medley of sautéed seasonal vegetables
- Caramelized sweet potatoes with candied pecans
- Buttermilk, jalapeno pepper and aged cheddar cornbread
- Curried pumpkin soup
- Corn chowder
- Pumpkin custard profiteroles with maple caramel
The newest location of the international chain is now open in Hallandale Beach (Village at Gulstream Park) and will be serving its signature churrasco dinner all day on Thanksgiving.
The Ambry German Restaurant
An all day Thanksgiving special includes soup, salad, a German-style Thanksgiving plate and a drink for $21.95.
Lola's on Harrison
Chef Michael Wagner's T-Day menu is available from 2 to 8 p.m. and costs $39 per person.
- Roasted butternut squash soup with pecan cream
- Crisp Carolina turkey breast
- Pinot noir braised turkey leg
- Sage giblet gravy
- Horseradish mashed potatoes
- Wild mushroom, leek, and herb stuffing
- Caramelized Brussels sprouts with carrots
- Sweet potato and boniato au gratin
- Apricot-cranberry chutney
- Pumpkin bread pudding with Kentucky bourbon sauce
- Key lime pie with vanilla wafers
Check out this recipe for Season 52's roasted Bosc pears, which it will serve during its Thanksgiving service
4 ea Bosc pears
1½ tsp Extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp Kosher salt
⅛ tsp Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wash pears and cut them in half. Pat dry.
- Toss pears with olive oil and salt and pepper in bowl.
- Lay pears on baking dish skin-side down, cut-side up.
- Roast pears in 400º oven for 15 minutes.
- Rotate tray.
- Continue cooking 15 minutes until soft and caramelized.
- Serve as an accompaniment.
- Top with chutney or cranberry relish for added holiday touch.