A night out with friends, fireworks, and a few too many festive drinks: If that's your plan for New Year’s Eve, it might be a good idea to add a morning-after plan of action to your list of resolutions. Nothing kicks a dreadful hangover to the curb like a hearty meal, so some top notch local restaurants will be up and running early on January 1, serving special restorative menus that might just be the perfect antidote to your over-indulgence.
From offerings of simple, comforting plates of hams and fried eggs to crafted three-course meals and full buffets, we've singled out eight of the best brunch menus in South Florida to help you start 2019 on the right track.
1. Cafe Boulud. Good French fare appeals to all senses, making for a definite winner for a morning-after fix. In Palm Beach, Cafe Boulud takes it up a notch by infusing authentic South Florida flavor to classic dishes, some of which you can enjoy on New Year's Day as a three-course prix-fixe brunch menu. Start with a berry tartine with grilled country bread and triple cream cheese, a pistachio parfait with pomegranate and apple butter, or the hamachi crude with shies, edamame, and daikon. For the main course, choose from options such as the quiche lorraine with baby spinach salad, a crab back benedict with English muffin and hollandaise, or, for an extra $10, the 8 oz. black Angus filet mignon with gratin dauphinoise and super green spinach. End your meal with a Buche de Noel a la vanilla with caramelized pear ice cream or a coconut cremeux with elderflower ice cream. There will also be live music in the terrace and courtyard. Price
2. Doc B’s Restaurant + Bar. Candied bacon is one of the highlights on the New Year's Day bunch menu at this cool, no-fuss dining venue in Fort Lauderdale. Seated inside or at the outdoor terrace, you can pair it with other hangover cure options like the Angry Meatball, the shredded brussels sprouts salad, oven-roasted chicken wings, or the wedge burger. For
3. Crazy Uncle Mike's. This Boca Raton eatery/brewery/live music venue's Breakfast for Dinner menu is the perfect way to reboot your system after a night of too many bottles of champagne. The substantial options include a dish of bacon and eggs with beer-braised pork belly, creamy polenta, or poached eggs and sweet potato pancakes served with crispy chicken, gochujang maple butter, and maple syrup. Another rich, comforting option is the New Mexico breakfast burrito with diced potatoes, peppers, onions, scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, and green chili sauce. 11:30 a.m. at 6450 N. Federal Hwy., Boca Raton; 561-931-2889. crazyunclemikes.com.
4. El Vez. Rough morning? Head to this Mexican hotspot to revive yourself with generous portions of guacamole, ceviche, and classics such as the mahi mahi tacos, grilled Branzino Baja Style, or the traditional tacos al carbón. If all you want is to spend the day in bed, you'll also find coffee, fresh pastries, sandwiches, salads, and snacks available for
5. Point Royal. Chef Geoffrey Zakarian is well-known for his hospitality. On New Year's
6. Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar. Brunch at this Mexican eatery is sure to get your mind off the pain by waking your taste buds with vibrant dishes like the Benedict Azteca and the
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to New Times Broward-Palm Beach's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling South Florida's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
7. Steak 954. Protein is a great hangover cure, so snag a seat on the oceanfront patio of this luxury boutique on New Year's Day to fortify yourself with a la carte dishes executed by chef Johan Svensson, including favorites such as the lobster avocado toast, yellowfin tuna tacos, short rib eggs benedict, and Atlantic salmon. 401 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., 954-414-8333; steak954.com.
8. Terra Mare. Nurse your headache with plenty of fresh air at this oceanfront oasis as you soak up breakfast and lunchtime favorites including the lobster hash, lemon poppyseed pancakes, Korean fried chicken