Starting at 7:30 p.m. and lasting until at least 10 p.m., Ommegang representative John Oteri will be guiding diners through the five courses, each paired expertly with a beer from the Ommegang and Duvel portfolio.
Pastry Chef Robert Bellini and Chef de Cuisine Armando Galeas talked with us about this upcoming food and beer event.
"We had previously done dinners like this with wine, but beer has different flavors and requires a balanced approach," Galeas said.
The duo explained how one of their last dinners featured a 50/50 mix of wine and beer pairings. After the proceedings, an informal poll was taken, and the beer dishes won out in popularity. That, in part, spurred this newer approach to implementing a more in depth beer menu at this five star resort.
The chefs have come up with an incredible six-course menu that will whet anyone's appetite:
- Charred Octopus Confit with Smoked Marble Potatoes, Quail Egg, Green Romesco Sauce. Ommegang Beer Pairing: Hennepin Farmhouse Saison
- Crispy Pork Belly with Smoked Red Lentil Puree, Soaked Apricots, Sherry Glaze. Ommegang Beer Pairing: Valar Morghulis Dubbel
- Duck Confit with Caramelized Honey Vinaigrette Glaze. Ommegang Beer Pairing: Tripel Perfection Belgian-Style Tripel
- Porcini Crusted Short Rib with Anson Mills Grits, Mushroom Conserva, Salsa Verde. Ommegang Beer Pairing: Three-Eyed Raven Dark Saison
- Toasted Marshmallow & Chocolate Panetone. Ommegang Beer Pairing: Three Philosophers Quadrupel Ale
- Gingerbread Kettle Corn Ice Cream Sandwiches. Ommegang Beer Pairing: Gnomegang Blonde Ale
The cost is $150 per person and reservations can be made by calling 561-540-4924.
Doug Fairall is a craft beer blogger who focuses on Florida beers, and has been a homebrewer since 2010. For beer things in your Twitter feed, follow him @DougFairall and find the latest beer pics on Clean Plate's Instagram.