Clambakes. Hawaiian luaus. Seafood boils. Spanish paella. These foodie-style festivities all have one thing in common: summer.
If you're the type of person who loves seafood in all its culinary forms, you might want to check out Palm Beach's Summer Shack, which this weekend kicks off the start to a special summer seafood-themed event lineup. After launching its seaside-inspired lounge earlier this month, PB Catch Seafood & Raw Bar has announced a number of upcoming, coastal-themed food fiestas set to take place over the next few months, through November.
The Summer Shack event series will begin with a Caribbean Feast on Saturday, June 27. The party will be made complete with music provided by a steel-drum band and plenty of tropical cocktails. A Caribbean-style menu will offer everything from Jamaicanesque tostadas with callaloo and split pea batter-braised oxtail and tamarind-mango slaw to Trinidadian-style doubles, crisp flatbread with curried chickpeas and cucumber chutney, and pholourie — split pea fritters with honey and sweet pepper compote.
Additional events, with menus and details to follow, include:
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to New Times Broward-Palm Beach's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling South Florida's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
New England Clambake (July 24)
- A family-style menu, acoustic entertainment, beach bonfire atmosphere, and New England-inspired cocktails and brewery beer selection will transport guests to the nation’s Northeast shores on this relaxed summer night’s clambake.
French Riviera's Seafood Affair (August 15)
- Rose & Champagne will flow as guests feast on French favorites, such as branzino and bouillabaisse, while enjoying the sounds of a live DJ, entertaining the crowd in true St. Tropez style.
Louisiana Seafood Boil (September 19)
- Hurricane cocktails, live jazz, and an authentic New Orleans family-style menu of such favorites as jambalaya and etouffee will bring a little Louisiana soul to the quiet island during this traditional seafood broil.
Hawaiian Seafood Luau (October 10)
- PB Catch will become a tropical paradise, with classic island music, surf shack décor, fresh-fruit tiki cocktails, and all-time favorite surfer flicks playing on elevated flat screens during this traditional Hawaiian seafood luau.
Spanish Paella (November 6)
- Pans of Spanish paella, pitchers of fresh-fruit sangria, and the sounds of live Flamenco guitarists complete the ambiance of a coastal Spanish locale.
All dishes will be served `a la carte. There is no fee to attend. Guests can also order off the Summer Shack menu featuring coastal cuisine and summer-inspired cocktails at PB Catch's reimagined bar and lounge space.
PB Catch Seafood & Raw Bar is located at 251 Sunrise Ave., Palm Beach. Call 561-655-5558, or visit at pbcatch.com.
Nicole Danna is a food writer covering Broward and Palm Beach counties. To get the latest in food and drink news in South Florida, follow her @SoFloNicole or find her latest food pics on the BPB New Times Food & Drink Instagram.