In the days leading up to Christmas, it's time to prepare for festive fun with your loved ones. Christmastime and delicious meals go hand-in-hand, and many restaurants across South Florida are offering the best gift of all: special menus you can enjoy while skipping the chaos of the kitchen.
We've unwrapped our list of the best menus offered at restaurants open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Broward and Palm Beach. From a three-course dinner of authentic American comfort food, to a feast of Chinese favorites, the ten restaurants below have you covered during the holidays. Just make sure to get those reservations in on time!
1. American Social Bar & Kitchen. This Christmas, American Social is serving from its regular American comfort food menu starting at 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Highlights include the Gastropub's new fall and winter dishes, including the salmon strawberry salad, the guava BBQ pork belly, a black truffle pizza, apple cider beer-braised short ribs, and the American Social Graffiti, a spongey funfetti cake paired with vanilla ice cream, red-white-and-blue cream cheese mousse a la Americana, as well as AmSo doughnuts. 4 p.m. Monday, December 24, and Tuesday, December 25 at American Social Bar & Kitchen, 721 E. Las Olas Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale; 954-764-7005; americansocialbar.com.
2. 3030 Ocean. Starting at 5 p.m. on Christmas Day, Harbor Beach Marriott's upscale seafood restaurant is serving special, à la carte items created by chef Adrienne Grenier. Dishes include creamy chestnut soup with roasted mushrooms, herb pistou, slowly smoked duck breast with sweet potato puree, and gingerbread cheesecake with gingersnap crust, sweet cream, and candied cranberries. 5 p.m. Tuesday, December 25 at 3030 Ocean, 3030 Holiday Dr., Fort Lauderdale; 954-765-3030; 3030cean.com.
3. B Ocean Resort. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, B Ocean Resort is serving up a four-course dinner at its Naked Crab restaurant. Guests can choose from first course offerings like Saint Jacques with hazelnuts, scallops, butternut squash, and Borage Blossom, or the hamachi crudo with watermelon radish, Russian Sturgeon caviar, and yuzu emulsion. The second-course list includes the Atlantic Red Mullet with fennel marmalade, baby romesco, star anise “Court Bouillon," and the veal tenderloin a la Broche with bone marrow, Swiss chard, fava beans, and Bordelaise sauce. Christmas sweet treats will round out the festive meal. On Christmas Day, feast on the Wreck Bar + Naked Crab traditional brunch featuring seafood, ceviche, and raw bars, salumeria and cheeses, pastry, omelet, and prime rib carving stations, petit fours and breakfast offerings. 6 p.m. Monday, December 24, and 11 a.m. Tuesday, December 25, at B Ocean Resort, 1140 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1000; bhotelsandresorts.com. Price is $65+ for adults and $24+ for children under 12.
4. Burlock Coast Seafare & Spirits. This waterfront eatery inside the Ritz-Carlton in Fort Lauderdale is serving a prime rib and champagne dinner on Christmas Eve along with its regular à la carte menu. The meal includes a family-style herb-roasted prime rib, truffle whipped potato, root vegetable, and horseradish cream. On Christmas Day, there is a buffet-style feast from noon to 8 p.m. featuring caviar and carving stations, cold tapas, seafood, dessert displays, and bottomless drinks. 6 p.m. on Monday, December 24 and Noon on Tuesday, December 25, at Burlock Coast, 1 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale; 954-302-6430; ritzcarlton.com. On Monday, dinner costs $129 per couple. On Tuesday, dinner costs $129 per adult and $49 for children ages 5 through 12.
5. Cafe Boulud. On Christmas Eve and Christmas day, Cafe Boulud in Palm Beach is offering a three-course prix-fixe menu for $135 per person. Start with one an option of chestnut & celeriac velouté with black truffle chantilly, a gazpacho verde with avocado and Marcona almond, a hamachi crude with shiso, edamame, and daikon or a jumbo lump crab back with apple-celery salad. Main course options include a short rib ravioli with parmesan and arugula, the sautéed Mahi with sweet potato and coconut curry, and the duck al'orange with swiss chard and cipollini onion. End your meal with a Buche de Noel a la vanilla with caramelized pear ice cream, a coconut cremeux with elderflower ice cream, or a chocolate mousse with pomegranate sorbet. 5:30 p.m. Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25, at Cafe Boulud, 301 Australia Ave., Palm Beach; 561-655-6060; cafeboulud.com. Dinner costs $135 per person.
6. Crazy Uncle Mike's. Boca’s newest brewery, restaurant, and live music venue is hosting a Festivus For The Rest of Us on Christmas Eve with a special menu including Chinese food staples such as egg drop soup, sweet and sour pork, lo mein and General Tso's chicken. Guests will also enjoy signature brews made in-house, including the Take the Sour Back, a grapefruit infused sour ale; and the Coffee Oatmeal Porter, a robust beer delicately blended with rich, Colombian coffee. Tuesday, December 24 at Crazy Uncle Mike's, 6450 N Federal Hwy., Boca Raton; 561-931-2889; crazyunclemikes.com. Cost for dinner, excluding drinks, is $35 per person.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to New Times Broward-Palm Beach's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling South Florida's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
7. Etaru. Christmas Day guests at this modern Japanese Robatayaki eatery will enjoy its regular buffet-style brunch from noon to 4:30 p.m., with a serving of suckling pig and roast beef in celebration of the holiday. The list of offerings includes the hot and cold starters on the robata counter, a choice of one main course like the crispy chicken with shiso waffle and miso butter, the grilled skirt steak with wasabi chimichurri, or the salmon teriyaki with sancho and lemon, and a decadent dessert presentation. Priced at $75 per person, brunch includes a welcome cocktail, bottomless pours of a selection of beverages, or, for an additional $20, Louis Roederer NV Champagne. Noon on Tuesday, December 25, at Etaru, T111 South Surf Road, Hallandale Beach, 954-271-3222; etarurestaurant.us.
8. Lona Cocina y Tequileria. Chef Pablo Salas is offering a tasting menu with a Mexican twist on Christmas Eve along with limited à la carte lunch and dinner menus. On Christmas Day, there will be lunch and dinner menu specials like pumpkin tamales with queso fresco, foie and goat empanadas with pumpkin marmalade, and enchiladas de path with port glaze demi. 6 p.m. Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25, at Lona Cocina y Tequileria, 321 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale; 954-245-306; lonarestaurant.com. Cost is $55 per person.
9. Terra Mare. Guests visiting this Fort Lauderdale eatery after 5 p.m. on Christmas Day will feast on a prix fixe four-course menu of seasonal favorites including carrot risotto, poached pear salad, roasted chicken and pumpkin cheesecake. The regular a la carte menu will be available on Christmas Eve, featuring dishes such as crispy calamari, snapper crudo, grilled octopus, and crispy whole snapper. Monday, December 24, and Tuesday, December 25, at Terra Mare, 551 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-414-5160; terramarefl.com. Dinner costs $99 per person.
10. Point Royal. Chef Geoffrey Zakarian's restaurant inside the Diplomat Hotel is serving a Christmas Day brunch with breakfast staples like farm egg omelets and malted waffles along with prime rib roast, shrimp cocktail, and other lunchtime favorites. Dessert offerings include a chocolate yule log, a roasted pear thyme-infused creme brulee, and holiday cookies. Tuesday, December 25 at Point Royal, 555 S Ocean Dr, Hollywood; 954-602-8750; pointroyal-fl.com. Price is $25 per child under 12, and $75 per adult with bottomless hard cider punch, la Colombe drip coffee, or juice.