Thanksgiving is just around the corner and it's a good idea to start planning where you will be gathering to share a meal with your friends and family during the holiday. If you prefer feasting
Choices are flexible: You can choose to kick off the November 22 festivities with a hearty brunch or wait until dinner time to share menus laden with holiday treats. Here's our list of the ten best Thanksgiving meals you'll find in Broward and Palm Beach this year.
1. Burlock Coast. On Thanksgiving Day, Burlock Coast is offering a buffet with meat, cold tapas, seafood, caviar, and dessert stations. The bottomless drinks package includes BC brew, rum punch, mimosas, and bloody marys. Available from noon to 8 p.m., the feast is priced at $129 per adult and $49 for children ages five through 12. A special breakfast leftovers menu by chef Paula DaSilva will be available Friday, November 23, from 7 to 11:30 a.m. Expect offerings of pumpkin spice latte, sweet potato pancakes, and turkey eggs benedict. Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale. 1 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., 954-302-6460; burlockcoast.com. Dinner costs $129 for adults and $49 for children ages five through 12.
2. Crazy Uncle Mike’s. Boca’s newest brewery, restaurant, and live music venue will host its
3. Council Oak. Council Oak will serve a prix-fixe dinner menu including butternut squash soup with smoked chicken and apple sausage, a roasted turkey served with Brussel sprouts, buttermilk mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing turkey gravy, cranberry, and orange compote. Dessert choices include the apple crostada with maple ice cream and the pumpkin creme brulée with roasted nuts and Chantilly cream. Items from the holiday menu will also be offered à la carte. 2 to 9 p.m. at 1 Seminole Way at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood; 954-327-7501; seminolehardrockhollywood.com. Dinner costs $55 per person.
4. El Vez. This Mexican Fort Lauderdale eatery is putting their unique spin on traditional Thanksgiving plates. A special, Mexican-inspired Thanksgiving dinner plate will feature a spice-rubbed turkey with mole poblano, green chorizo and squash blossom stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and sweet potato pie. 4 to 9 p.m. at 401 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach, 954-414-8336; elvezftlauderdale.com. Thanksgiving plate costs $31 per person.
6. Lona Cocina y Tequileria. Enjoy an adobo-roasted lamb tamale with masa, salsa alambre and salsa guajillo, or the house-made chorizo with pureed, smoked sweet potatoes, almonds, cranberries, and maple pecan gravy. Tableside carving will offer charred turkey thighs, chorizo stuffed turkey breast, and Pork Pernil, a slow roasted pork shoulder, along with cornbread stuffing and
7. Point Royal. Chef Geoffrey Zakarian will offer a Thanksgiving Day brunch buffet of seasonal dishes. Expect de-boned roasted turkey, a pepper crusted long bone rib eye, turkey pot pie, duck hash, roasted banana maple pecan cheesecake, and pumpkin pie. The experience is complemented by bottomless hard cider punch, coffee or juice, and a center bar with fresh
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
8. Steak 954. The special à la carte menu includes an herb-roasted,
9. 3030 Ocean. For your three-course Thanksgiving meal, start with roasted pumpkin soup with maple-chive cream and toasted seeds or a baby green salad with shaved pear, spiced pecans, blue cheese, and poppy seed vinaigrette. Follow with the family-style second course of roasted Joyce Farms turkey breast and leg with mushroom dressing, green beans with onions, garlic mashed potatoes, cranberry-orange sauce, and turkey gravy. For dessert, enjoy the pumpkin tart with a chocolate cookie crust, pumpkin mousse, walnut caramel, hot fudge, and pomegranate seeds. 6 p.m. at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, 3030 Holiday Drive; 954-765-3030; 3030ocean.com. Dinner costs $65 per person.
10. Terra Mare. Head to Fort Lauderdale’s newest oceanfront eatery for a menu of offerings including a butternut squash Gnudi, roasted turkey, roasted acorn squash, and sweet potato puree. Guests can pair their holiday dinner with seasonal cocktails like the Spiced Pumpkin Martini. Terra Mare offers an indoor dining room and outside patio seating. 5 to 10 p.m. at 551 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale; 954-414-5160; terramarefl.com. Dinner costs $75 per person.