What openings, closings, and local food news got your attention? Read on for the roundup on Clean Plate Charlie's local stories of the year.
9. Laser Wolf in Fort Lauderdale is Fort Lauderdale's Coolest New Bar. February 15, 2011
The only bar cooler is the speakeasy you haven't yet heard of.
8. Dig Restaurant Opening in Delray June 15. May 11, 2011
The opening and chef shuffles caused quite a stir.
7. Yogurt Ur Way Opens on Las Olas. March 3, 2011
A slew of comments pulled readers to this post on a dessert shop.
6. What's Cooter Ball? March 17, 2011
An interview with the talented Bimini Bay bartender. NSFW
5. World of Beer Grand Opening in West Palm Beach, Tuesday, March 29. March 28, 2011
Sample from hundreds of beers on tap at the world of beer but no food.
4. BJ's Restaurant to Open in Pembroke Pines, Now Hiring. July 20, 2011
The sixth location of the brewhouse chain opened September 19.
3. Halloween Events in Fort Lauderdale. October 26, 2011
Because this town like to dress up and get its freak on.
2. Hard Rock Cafe Employees Sue for Minimum Wage. January 19, 2011
1. How a Rice Cooker Saved Me From a Lifetime of Prostitution. December 2, 2011
"'You're just wasting money!' my mum would say. But she was wrong."
Keep New Times Broward-Palm Beach Free... Since we started New Times Broward-Palm Beach, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of South Florida, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering South Florida with no paywalls.