What openings, closings, and local food news got your attention? Read on for the roundup on Clean Plate Charlie's local stories of the year.
9. Laser Wolf in Fort Lauderdale is Fort Lauderdale's Coolest New Bar. February 15, 2011
The only bar cooler is the speakeasy you haven't yet heard of.
8. Dig Restaurant Opening in Delray June 15. May 11, 2011
The opening and chef shuffles caused quite a stir.
7. Yogurt Ur Way Opens on Las Olas. March 3, 2011
A slew of comments pulled readers to this post on a dessert shop.
6. What's Cooter Ball? March 17, 2011
An interview with the talented Bimini Bay bartender. NSFW
5. World of Beer Grand Opening in West Palm Beach, Tuesday, March 29. March 28, 2011
Sample from hundreds of beers on tap at the world of beer but no food.
4. BJ's Restaurant to Open in Pembroke Pines, Now Hiring. July 20, 2011
The sixth location of the brewhouse chain opened September 19.
3. Halloween Events in Fort Lauderdale. October 26, 2011
Because this town like to dress up and get its freak on.
2. Hard Rock Cafe Employees Sue for Minimum Wage. January 19, 2011
1. How a Rice Cooker Saved Me From a Lifetime of Prostitution. December 2, 2011
"'You're just wasting money!' my mum would say. But she was wrong."
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to New Times Broward-Palm Beach's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling South Florida's stories with no paywalls.