World of Beer in Coconut Creek recently debuted the franchise's signature Tavern Fare menu, a variety of "elevated comfort food" made in-house. The Coconut Creek location, which opened in 2010, was selected to be the first bar in South Florida to feature this innovative new pairing menu, with food made on the premises following an extensive renovation and construction of a 1,000-square-foot kitchen.
According to World of Beer Franchising CEO Paul Avery, who took over WOB franchise operations in 2013, the new menu is part of his vision to bring a new level of service to the craft-beer bar company.
The new menu will be part of all new locations, including recent franchise restaurants in Sarasota, Florida; Chelsea, New York; Austin, Texas; and Madison, Wisconsin. Moving forward, World of Beer — which first opened in Tampa in 2007 and has since grown to more than 70 locations in 20 states — will also be targeting existing locations like Coconut Creek to update to the new franchise model.
In Palm Beach County, the World of Beer Wellington is slated to be the next to receive a Tavern Fare menu and kitchen.
The Tavern Fare lineup features dishes priced between $5 and $15, each meant to pair perfectly with many of the World of Beer craft selections of local and global craft beer, what stands as 500 bottles and another 40 on tap. Menu highlights include:
- German Pretzel— The pretzel’s original Bavarian recipe was created by Germany’s most sought-after artisan pretzel baker, Ossi Piller, and dates back more than 100 years.
- Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos — Beer battered shrimp tossed in WOB’s homemade Sriracha lime aioli, served on tortillas with roasted corn, tomato salsa, shredded lettuce, and fresh cilantro.
- Black and Blue Flatbread— Blackened steak comes topped with caramelized onions, mushrooms, mozzarella and blue cheeses, fresh arugula and a sweet balsamic glaze.
- Chimay Burger — This half-pound, all-beef patty is made with Chimay classic cheese imported from Belgium. The cheese is made by the Trappist Monks of the Chimay Creamery, where Chimay Beer is also brewed. The burger is topped with
saucethat is infused with Chimay White Triple Beer, sautéed onions and mushrooms.
- Guinness Brat Sliders — Guinness-infused bratwursts served on a warm pretzel rolls with caramelized onions and peppers with tangy Dijon.
- Chicken Pesto Sandwich — Beer-brined grilled chicken breasts topped with mozzarella cheese, basil and pine nut pesto and arugula, come served on a lightly toasted basil focaccia.
- Belgian Waffle S’Mores— Fresh-baked, beer-infused Belgian waffles served with toasted marshmallows, Kahlúa fudge sauce, graham cracker crumbles and powdered sugar.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to New Times Broward-Palm Beach's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling South Florida's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
The World of Beer Coconut Creek also features a unique BEERunch special on Saturday and Sunday, where one-of-a-kind savory options are created each week to pair with beer and brunch cocktails. Dishes include a beer-brined chicken and waffle sandwich (topped with bacon onion jam and served between fresh-baked, beer-infused Belgian waffles coated with maple-bourbon syrup and powdered sugar), and blueberry wheat French toast (maple-infused brioche bread topped with a warm blueberry wheat beer compote, maple-bourbon syrup, and whipped cream).
"The addition of the Tavern Fare selections have been a long time in the making and is specifically designed to enhance guests' visit while also working to highlight different beers from around the world," says Avery. "World of Beer strives to provide an unparalleled haven for passionate craft-beer lovers. This is just the next step in our evolution."
World of Beer Coconut Creek is open from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday. Call 954-984-0300, or visit worldofbeer.com.
Nicole Danna is a food writer covering Broward and Palm Beach counties. To get the latest in food and drink news in South Florida, follow her @SoFloNicole or find her latest food pics on the BPB New Times Food & Drink Instagram.