South Floridians don't get the chance to eat Austrian cuisine often, certainly not in Davie, and much less in a setting that resembles the cottage where the Big Bad Wolf found Grandma. That makes Vienna Café a destination for those craving "something different" -- an inclination that strikes without warning. It's unfortunate that fate has surrounded it with a Char Hut, a Dunkin' Donuts, and a country/western bar, since that tempers the continental effect somewhat. No matter the neighbors, this is a cozy, quaint place that apparently has no contemporaries. Chef Per Jacobsen masterminds an extravagant assortment of meatcentric meals and (mostly) high-end European wines. Yet it's the elegant Sonoma salad (with chicken, raisins, walnuts, apples, Gorgonzola, and sweet balsamic) that has become the restaurant's signature dish. Schnitzel - and strudel for dessert -- are big favorites as well. As far as craving different tastes and textures, Jacobsen will amaze you with a pté of duck and port, foie gras with compote and cognac, and Danish meatballs with red cabbage.
Photo courtesy of Vienna Wine Bar.
- Price: $, $$, $$$
- Hours: Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 11:30 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot Available, On-street
- Alcoholic beverages to go
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup
- Alcoholic beverages delivered
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Other
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats