Last year you ended up in the doghouse and you couldn't figure out why. How were you supposed to know that carnations suck and that your girl didn't share your liking for the unlimited breadsticks and salad at The Olive Garden?
Unfortunately, the little fuzzy white teddy bear that you picked up five minutes before your date didn't exactly do the evening justice, either.
Every year, there is this unspoken expectation for the big V and you certainly don't want to mess that up again. Apparently, a little creativity scores a few extra points. Here are 14 restaurants that have taken out the guesswork for you -- increasing your chances of getting lucky on Valentine's Day!
1. Serafina Waterfront Bistro Create a romantic evening dining on a picturesque waterfront patio under the stars. Serafina is an authentic Italian restaurant known for their impeccable service and delicious food. On Valentine's Day, there will be an $80 a guest menu special consisting of a 4 course meal. Here is a sneak peek -- Burrata & Bresaola (imported cheese and cured beef carpaccio with mixed green salad), Ravioli Aragosta (ravioli stuffed with lobster in a lobster bisque), Snapper Livornese (snapper fillet with cherry tomatoes, capers, olives, onions and a white wine sauce), Terre E Mare (filet mignon and lobster tail) and Dolce Dell' Cuore (homemade white and dark chocolate puffs) along with a glass of Prosecco (Italian sparkling wine) to finish!
2.Tokyo Blue Dine alongside the gorgeous Atlantic Ocean -- Tokyo Blue will be featuring a special 5-course Pan Asian (Asian, Sushi, Peruvian) couples menu for $150, which also includes a bottle of champagne. Enjoy your bubbly as you get a chance to groove to the live jazz band!
If you are looking for a place that holds charm, character and quality food, Cafe Seville is a great choice. Cafe Seville is an authentic Spanish restaurant that serves tapas and traditional, Spanish cuisine. Cafe Seville is famous for their Paella (fresh fish, mussels, shrimp, scallops, chorizo, chicken, pork and valencia rice) which is prepared for two -- making it a perfect and delicious option for a romantic, Valentine's Day dinner (seafood only paella is also available). Sangria is available by the glass or pitcher.
8. Truluck's Seafood, Steak & Crab House Truluck's serves fine chops and Seafood -- even better, stone crabs are back in season! Truluck's will be offering all you can eat stone crabs on Valentine's Day! Ladies, make sure to bring an extra tube of lipstick and a compact! Who says getting a little messy can't be sexy!
9. Cafe Emunah Want to impress your J-Date? Cafe Emunah is a Kabbalistic, Kosher Sushi Bar and Tea Room -- and the food is fresh and delicious! Cafe Emunah has a menu with a wide selection, here are a couple of options -- Emunah Roll (hamachi, avocado, candied ginger, inside out with crispy plantains and cilantro sauce), Mystical Seabass (Chilean Seabass, Jamaican yam mash, baby bok choy, cucumber and petite herb salad finished off with homemade mango sauce) and there are many dessert options along with a wide-range of organic, loose teas to finish -- Amen!
10. BRIO Tuscan Grill BRIO offers Northern Italian cuisine in a upscale, yet surprisingly affordable setting. This Valentine's Day weekend, BRIO will be offering a special and tasty menu -- check out some of these tempting choices -- Primavera Formaggio (tender cheese filled pasta purses, tossed with shallots, garlic, asparagus, grape tomatoes, shiitake mushrooms and boursin cheese in a light bercy sauce), Beef Medallions with Black Pepper Shrimp (tenderloin medallions, grilled to order topped with black pepper shrimp and served with tuscan mashed potatoes and asparagus) and there will also be Lobster and Fish options.
The dessert menu will be featuring Torta di Ciocclata (rich chocolate cake with a warm center and topped with vanilla bean gelato) and Classic Tiramisu. BRIO recommends their Dolchinos (individual samples of vanilla creme brulee, milk chocolate caramel cake, tiramisu, mocha panna cotta, carrot cake and more) for only $2.50 each -- talk about a sweet surprise!
11. The Indigo Room Located within the historical Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd. -- The Indigo Room is a romantic and sophisticated choice to celebrate this Valentine's Day. Chef Toby Joseph has designed a Valentine's Day menu for $65.00 a person which includes a three course meal with a complimentary beverage of your choice.
12. Steak 954 Consider yourself a steak and potatoes kind of guy? Steak 954 will be providing its Valentine's Day guests with some additional menu items including: Nueske Bacon and Scallops, Thai Style Lobster Salad or Local Yellowfin Tuna -- showing your date that you sincerely had her best interest in mind! Additionally, Steak 954 will be featuring champagnes from Moet and Chandon "Imperial" to Vueve Clicquot Rose.
13. Big City Tavern Chef Louis Bossihas created a special Valentine's Day menu that sounds just as exotic as his name! Start with Proscuitto with silky, creamy, burrata Mozzarella, then handmade ricotta gnocci -- finally, finish things off American style with a tempting serving of red velvet cake and candy hearts.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to New Times Broward-Palm Beach's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling South Florida's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
14. Timpano Italian Chophouse Can't stand the Valentine's Day crowd? Timpano Italian Chophouse offers guests four consecutive nights of dinner, dancing and love! There will be a three Course Prix Fixe Menu with a Champagne finish for $89.95 per couple -- guests still also have the option of using the regular menu if they please. Reserve your seats for February 11, 12, 13 or 14, 2011.