An extra-spooky, Halloween Eve edition of the MJ:
- Junior Cesar, the 30-year-old man who was shot dead Wednesday night at a basketball court in Boynton Beach's Pence Park, is the older brother of Jesse Cesar, who was 22 when he was murdered just before he could testify against a gang member accused in a Christmas Eve murder at the Boynton Beach Mall. Police say there's no evidence the two Cesar murders are related, but I'll venture a guess that this is the reason that the six basketball players who watched Cesar get blasted can't remember much about the shooter. [Palm Beach Post]
- Ewwww. A 64-year-old man from Broward is accused of traveling to the Phillipines to have sex with two underaged girls who were pimped by their mother. [Miami Herald]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Heart-wrenching 911 tape in the Coral Springs stabbing death of 14-year-old Matthew Gorzynski by his 15-year-old brother. Seriously, don't put yourself through this. [WPLG]
- In a visit to Boca Raton, Joe Biden spoke of a "God-awful mess." Was he talking about inheriting the health-care crisis, the nation's economic torpor, two unwinnable wars, or Boca's tradition for harboring fraudsters? All of the above? [Sun-Sentinel]
- Ted Deutch gets the endorsement of Jeremy Ring, once considered a possible candidate in the special election to replace Congressman Robert Wexler. A textbook example of circling the wagons by Deutch, who figures to win in a cakewalk. [Sun-Sentinel]
- A still-breaking story in Palm Beach Gardens, where an off-duty Riviera Beach police officer is said to have fired shots at two masked men who broke into his home early this morning. It's believed that they weren't hit, but the officer was taken away in an ambulance. [WPBF]