After relocating from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale, Victor and Julieta Bocos said they couldn’t find good, authentic Mexican restaurants with fair prices, so they opened their own. Now, they’ve become known for serving traditional Mexican dishes like xochitl soup and slow-roasted pork leg. The husband and wife were raised in Mexico City, met in Cancun, and say they want to teach people about real Mexican food, not Tex-Mex. “No one in Mexico eats burritos!” Julieta exclaims. “We didn’t know what a burrito was until we moved to the U.S.” Still, this handheld Mexican favorite has made it to the menu due to popular demand, where it joins tortas and tacos. While bold, authentic flavors are the owners’ priority, they’ve also created a welcoming environment with bright colors, dozens of Frida Kahlo paintings, and, most important, warm and attentive service.
- Price: $, $$
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Sidewalk tables
- Alcohol: Full bar, Pitchers
- Reservations: Reservations Accepted
- Parking: Free, Lot Available
- Alcoholic beverages delivered
- Order/delivery via Other