As we continue to watch for candidates in the race to replace Congressman Robert Wexler, let's see what else is brewing in Broward and Palm Beach:
- Prosecutors have scored guilty pleas from six men accused of racketeering for the Bonanno crime family, but the alleged ringleader is still holding out for a trial. [Miami Herald]
- Charlie Crist wants a statewide grand jury to examine corruption rampant in South Florida. But will it be free to go digging in your backyard, Governor? [Sun-Sentinel]
- In Lake Worth, Palm Beach sheriff's deputies are investigating a shooting last night near Homeland Road that left a woman dead and a man injured. [WPBF]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- In the wake of the three life sentences in the Dunbar Village rape case, a critical look at the question of when it's proper to charge juveniles with adult crimes. [Palm Beach Post]
- On that very subject, one of the 15-year-olds accused of setting fire to Michael Brewer in Deerfield Beach has been charged with attempted murder. [WPLG]