Food-Truck Rally This Saturday at Gulfstream Park Racing and Casino
Mangia Mia and nine food-truck friends will be at Gulfstream this weekend.
Ten food trucks will roll onto the grounds of Gulfstream Park Racing and Casino for Saturday's gourmet-food-truck rally from 5:30 to 10 p.m. The roundup in south Broward County is a good opportunity for Broward and Palm Beach residents to hit up popular food trucks -- half of which were recently featured on New Times' list of South Florida's best food trucks -- that typically stick around Miami, particularly on weekend nights. Find the lineup of trucks after the jump.
- BC Tacos -- Ten types of tacos with sides like salsa and guacamole.
- Big Kahuna -- Soft serve ice cream, shaved ice, and novelty frozen treats.
- Bite GastroTruck -- Gourmet burgers, fish tacos, and hand-cut fries, among other hearty fare.
- Dim Ssäm á GoGo -- Eco-friendly truck selling crowd favorites like ginger Brussels sprouts and "chunked-up" tater tots.
- Fireman Derek's World-Famous Pies -- Fruit and cream pies, including the Florida classic Key lime.
- Gastropod -- Gastropub fare on the go.
- Mangia Mia Italian Kitchen -- Handmade meatballs and other items like chicken parm and mac-n-cheese balls.
- Mr. Good Stuff -- Venezuelan-inspired eats, particularly arepas and stuffed burgers.
- Ms. Cheezious -- Gourmet grilled cheese with special add-ons like spiced apple and bacon.
- Purple People Eatery -- Known for blackened bison burgers, plus tacos and sandwiches.
There is no cost to attend the rally, but bring cash for the trucks.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.